It’s becoming more and more popular to ‘go green’ and be as efficient as possible as a homeowner. One very popular eco-friendly option homeowners are turning to are solar energy.
When solar energy is used as a source of power, it helps you spend less on both heating and cooling. For instance, electricity from solar power costs only $1 per watt, so you can see why solar panels have become so widespread.
6 Facts You Need To Know About Solar Panels and Your HVAC System
1. If you want to use solar energy, that doesn’t always mean you need a whole new HVAC system. Some systems can be modified.
But, if you want the best, we suggest upgrading to a Lennox SunSource!
2. Not only will you save money on monthly utility bills to power your HVAC system, but you will also be eligible for federal government and state tax incentives.
3. Efficient heating and cooling from solar panels can increase your home’s value.
4. If the sun’s energy isn’t needed to power your HVAC system all the time, it can be redirected to your other appliances — so either way, you’re saving money and energy!
5. You can sell back extra energy if your system is tied to the grid, which means even more money in your pocket at the end of the month.
6. Many systems will monitor their performance, showing you all the ways you’re saving.
Contact Rescue Air today to learn more about our solar energy services, including Lennox SunSource systems!