There’s a list of ways that you can save money this winter. Some of the easiest ways only require a few minor tweaks around the house.
Energy Tips for the Winter
- Set your thermostat at a low temperature, especially when you’re away during the day and asleep at night. This will help cut your heating costs between one and three percent.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat so the temperature can be adjusted based off your lifestyle. For any smart thermostat installations or repairs, contact us.
- Clean or replace your air filters every three months.
Air Duct Tips
- Make sure your air vents aren’t blocked by any furniture or rugs.
- Add insulation around your air ducts if they are located in attics, crawl spaces, or garages.
- Replace your incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs.
- Clean and air-dry dishes if you can’t fill a full load in your dishwasher.
- Turn off your appliances, as well as the power strip, when they are not in use.
Read More: Save Energy With A Nest Thermostat
Even if you’re accustomed to 100-degree-plus days during sweltering Dallas summers, winters in North Texas can be just as vicious. If it’s below freezing outside in the thick of a mid-February snap and your furnace fails, do you know what to do next?
First, don’t panic.
Then, call us at :Phone}! At Rescue Air, our team is here for all of your HVAC repairs, replacements, and if you need more ideas to help you save money on your heating and AC bills.